IBM® IMS™ Connect Extensions for z/OS® enhances the manageability of TCP/IP access to IMS through IMS Connect, an integrated function of IMS.
IMS Connect Extensions complements and extends the features of IMS Connect: speeding and simplifying problem determination; dynamically balancing workloads and responding to datastore availability and flood conditions; streamlining performance tuning and customization; and improving the availability and security of IMS Connect.
IMS Connect Extensions provides:
- Comprehensive event recording of IMS Connect activity, providing information to help analyze performance, throughput, resource availability, and security.
- Dynamic rules-based management of OTMA and Open Database workloads and response to dynamically added IMS resources.
- The ability to temporarily suspend routing of messages to a datastore, allowing it to be 'drained' of in-progress transactions and reducing the likelihood of transactions failing or being rejected when IMS is shut down.
- Automatic distribution of persistent session workloads in a sysplex environment.
- Additional features and enhanced security for IMS Connect clients.
IMS Connect Extensions enables centralized management and control of all your IMS Connect systems from an ISPF operations dialog or z/OS Explorer Eclipse GUI client. The CEX host command environment for REXX enables IMS Connect Extensions commands to be embedded in REXX programs, which allows more flexible automation of IMS Connect operations.
IMS Connect Extensions is branded and distributed internationally by IBM.